There's a definite essay structure you need to follow when writing an essay. If you need assistance with writing or formatting your paper, contact us.
What Is an Opinion Essay?
An opinion essay is a type of writing that allows you voice your thoughts on specific current issues. In this essay, you seek to provide your view on a particular topic backed with facts and evidence. Voice your opinion authoritatively.
As our customer, you can access the free samples of our opinion essays on our website. Go through them to familiarize yourself with a good piece.
Writing an opinion essay is not a walk in the park. This essay has been torturing the minds of students since time immemorial. Why? They do not know what it is let alone how to start an opinion essay.
To help you tackle this type of essay effectively, below are some helpful tips:
Choose the correct topic
The topic of your essay should focus on current trends, issues, and opinions. It should discuss events that have happened or about to happen in your community. For example, you could write about the proposed construction on a new road. Provide your opinion on how you think the road will impact on the lives of people in that area.
Choose a topic that you are passionate about. Being an opinion article, it aims to provide a strong stance on a particular issue. You can only achieve this if you feel strongly about a certain matter.
Another thing to do when it comes to the subject is to take on issues you are knowledgeable about. Believe it or not, your grasp on a subject shows in the article you write. Now, you do not want to come off as an inadequately informed writer. Therefore, go with topics that you can explain efficiently.
Lastly, choose an issue that is a bit puzzling to say the list. You do not want to write a cliché article that bores the life out of the reader. Such an article will attract low grades. Go for controversial topics such as why there should be no school on Mondays. Yes, you see what I did there; such a topic instantly captures your mind. All that I have to do now is to provide facts to support my thought.
Write Your Essay In An Appropriate Manner
There are several things to consider when writing an opinion piece.
- First; go straight to the point. This act will help the reader know what the article is about from the start. You will capture the reader’s attention and keep them interested in your subsequent opinions.
- Second; show the readers how the topic you are writing about affects them. Explain how a particular issue will impact the lives of the reader as a stakeholder.
- Lastly; ensure that your piece follows the correct structure. This layout will help the reader course through your work seamlessly.
Implementing the tips above will help you churn out a good opinion essay. But before that, to come up with a compelling opinion essay, you should understand it well.
The Ideal Structure of an Opinion Essay
Adhering to the stipulated opinion essay structure will see you churn out an excellent piece. An ideal opinion essay sticks to the provided structure. Whether you are writing an essay for your IELTS or a newspaper competition make sure that you adhere to appropriate format.
A well-structured and well-researched essay has a smooth flow of ideas throughout.
Below are critical sections of an opinion essay:
The Thesis Statement
This section should contain your opinion essay thesis statement. The thesis statement should be in a single sentence or two at most. It should provide background information on what you are about to discuss in your opinion essay.
The opinion essay introduction ought to be enjoyable from the start. Go straight to the point. Introduce the reader to your topic and inform them of what they are about to read. Provide compelling examples where necessary.
Many students have asked us for information on how to write a body paragraph for an opinion essay. Proficient writers at our company offer the following tips regarding writing the body section of your opinion essay:
- Give it a personal touch: Being an opinion essay, it only makes sense that you provide your opinion on the issue. Provide personal examples to explain and support your claims.
- Do not use the passive voice: Use the active voice for your essay.
- Avoid unnecessary jargon: Do not fill your essay with useless information.
- Mind the word count: Never write fewer words than is required. On the other hand, you can have more words, but not more than 20.
- Acknowledge opposing opinions: To come up with a more credible opinion essay, you need to respect and recognize opposing opinions. This act will make your work relatable and appealing.
- Provide a solution: A good opinion essay provides solutions at the end. Arguing for your points only tells the reader that you do not have in-depth information on the topic.
Do you want advice on how to write a conclusion for an opinion essay? I bet you do. Your opinion essay conclusion should briefly summarize the ideas in your essay. Make sure that you provide relevant facts in your closing argument to communicate your view one last time.
Sum up the information in your article. Use one or two sentences to remind the reader of the essence of the piece.
We will help you to draw up your essay as soon as possible. Order from us!