There's a definite essay structure you need to follow when writing an essay. If you need assistance with writing or formatting your paper, contact us.
Writing an analysis essay well will ensure that you scoop the highest mark possible from the piece. However, lack of adequate information on this type of article can put you at a disadvantage. You will not be able to churn out an effective essay fit for good scores.
What Is an Analytical Essay?
Understanding the “write me an essay” definition is essential to helping you write efficient essays. An analytical essay requires you to provide a claim or argument on what you are analyzing. Often you will have to explain a particular film or writing, but there are instances when you will need to examine ideas or issues.
From middle school through to high school, there will come a time when you will be required to write a critical analysis essay. A good score on this essay means excellent final grades.
When Preparing Your Essay
What can I do to write better analytical essays? To write an excellent analytical article, you need to understand this type of composition well. Many students who get high scores do. Our company has expert online essay writers who have been offering professional tips on writing essays over the years. They suggest that you implement the following at different stages of your article.
- Before you start on your piece, ensure that you understand what your essay requires. Analytical essays need you to provide an argument on what you are analyzing.
- Pick the topic you are going to write on. In some instances, your teacher may ask you to come up with a topic as long as it relates to the subject book, film, art, and so on. However, your teacher might also pick a topic for the class. When writing an analysis of fictional works, you can base your essay on a single event in the book. For example, revolution is the central theme in Animal Farm (from the rebellion of the animals against humans).
- Formulate your thesis statement. A thesis statement is a sentence or two that tells the reader what your essay is about. Simply, it is a summary of your work. Do not write ambiguous statements such as “rebellion is the central theme in Orwell’s Animal Farm.” Instead, write more specific claims such as “rebelling against Mr. Jones did not end the misery of the animals, it only allowed for another tyrant; Napoleon to take charge of the farm. Therefore, the rebellion did not make things better.” Your claim should be arguable and not entirely factual. Moreover, try to make it as specific as possible.
- Support your claim with relevant examples from the book, film, or text. Use primary sources for personal research and secondary sources when providing samples for a school essay. For example, to support the above argument, you can use events from the story. The pigs in Animal Farm take on the character of humans to the point that they become completely indistinguishable from them. Nothing good comes from their rule as illustrated by the new commandment that they introduce; “All Animals Are Equal, but Some Animals Are Equal than Others.”
Writing Analytical Essay Topics
An excellent analysis essay sticks to the topic and explores it conclusively. Do not go out-of-topic paper. Come up with a list of several analytical essay topics and choose the one you are most comfortable with. Additionally, ensure that your topic sentence analytical essay is coherent.
When writing your analytical essay, ensure that you
Come up with an excellent introduction
Have you ever read an introduction that made you want more of a text? You need to make your work introduction more like it. But this does not mean you should infuse exclamations and questions in your introduction. Instead, provide an engaging beginning that will captivate the target audience. Your thesis phrase should come at the end of the paragraph.
Example of a good introduction
Rebellion is a major theme in George Orwell’s 1945 book, Animal Farm. The rebellious events captured in the publication show that this theme is central to the book. However, rebellion does not always bring forth the foreseen effects. Rebelling against Mr. Jones did not end the misery of the animals, it only allowed for another tyrant; Napoleon to take charge of the farm. Therefore, the rebellion did not make things better.
Write great body paragraphs:
“How to start an analytical essay paragraph” is a common search term on the internet. Many Australian students have asked us for advice on how to write their paragraphs. Ensure that your body paragraph has the topic sentence, an analysis of the same, and evidence to support your topic sentence and your analysis. The topic sentence tells the reader what your paragraph is about. The analysis provides your argument. From there, the evidence supports the former aspects. Use the Claim-Evidence-Explanation (CEE) approach when writing your paragraphs.
Quote and paraphrase accordingly
When quoting, ensure that you provide the relevant quotation marks when you take the exact text of a book word for word. Use the proper styles of citing such as APA, MLA, Turabian, Chicago, Harvard, and so on. Do not use more than two passages in a paragraph when quoting.
Paraphrasing is when you provide information from a particular source in your own words. Quote and paraphrase accordingly to support all the claims in your piece.
Write an excellent conclusion
End your essay on a high note. Finish by reminding the reader how you supported your claim. You can also show how your argument connects to the outside world. For example, you might explain the connection between the animals’ rebellion in Animal Farm, and the Russian Revolution. Never introduce a new idea to your conclusion.
When Winding Up Your Essay
Go through your essay to ensure that it is in excellent English grammar and free of spelling and punctuation mistakes.
The Structure of an Analysis Essay
Do you want a well-presented essay that looks attractive to the eye? Your work should adopt the required analytical essay structure to achieve this appeal. Not only will a good structure make your work appealing, but will earn you marks for your work. Most teachers award marks for structure.
However, achieving this is impossible with no knowledge of the structure. You are bound to make mistakes in your work which will in turn bar you from attaining a good score. Nonetheless, do not worry my friend. The purpose of this article is to ensure that you get better grades in your analytical paper.
You should undertake a strict planning process before starting on your essay. Everything about should be laid out in advance. From gathering resources to developing the structure, nothing should be left out. This preparation is important to ensure that you write an article that adheres to the required structure of analytical essays.
Make sure that you define all the essential aspects of your essay. If your teacher asked you to describe various terms, do so to come up with an excellent piece.
Do you know how to conclude an analytical essay? An excellent conclusion will earn you marks. End your essay efficiently using the above tips. Do not reduce the chances of getting good scores by writing the wrong conclusion.
In the end, ensure that your essay has all the necessary sections of an analysis essay. These are:
The Thesis Statement
After formulating a good thesis statement, proceed to create a proper outline of your essay. An outline makes the writing process quite efficient. It provides guides regarding the length of your essay, the topics it should contain, the number of paragraphs, how ideas should be discussed, and so on.
An excellent analytical essay intro is what will prompt your instructor to keep on reading. The trick here is to captivate the reader from the start. To do this, you should employ these strategies. Create an outline worksheet. This worksheet will help you plan the contents of your introduction efficiently. In turn, this will help you write an introductory paragraph with flowing ideas.
You also need to provide sufficient background information. Now, this is the tricky part. You need to fit adequate background information on your analysis topic in at most five sentences. Try to squeeze your ideas in this paragraph to grab those critical analytical essay introduction structure marks.
The body is yet another critical part of your analytical paper. Unfortunately, not many students know how to write a body paragraph for an analytical essay.
Come up with impressive body paragraphs by following our above tips on the same. For instance, each paragraph should have a topic sentence. Moreover, provide evidence to support your thesis statement and analysis.
A killer analytical essay conclusion will get you all the marks allocated to this section. Write a kick-ass conclusion fit for university-level essays by adopting our critical advice.
Above, we have useful advice on how to write a conclusion for an analytical essay. On that note, just a refresher; an ideal conclusion should remind the instructor how you supported your claim. Your end could also provide new insight.
Various types of analytical essays
- Persuasive Analytical Essay: In this type of essay, you are required to state your position on an issue and provide supporting arguments for the same along with the relevant evidence.
- Analytical Expository Essay: This essay seeks to explain an idea, issue, or theme. It communicates your explanation of a certain event, book, art, and so forth to your reader.
- Analytical History Essay: This type of essay provides an analysis of a particular event in history. You are required to provide your position regarding that event alongside relevant supporting information.
- Analytical Comparison Essay: This type of essay compares different ideas, books, and texts. It must provide arguments and evidence for all things you are comparing. It aims to provide an informed conclusion at the end.
The Format of an Analytical Essay
Your teacher will provide you with information on the format of your essay; whether MLA, APA, Vancouver, Turabian, Chicago or Harvard. Writing an article with perfect formatting will help you scoop all the marks allocated to this section.
The most used formats:
- MLA format: The Modern Language Association of America guides this academic format of writing. It provides instructions on how to write your title page, headers, numbering, thesis statement, in-text references, and so on. Essays in this format ought to be double-spaced, have indented paragraphs, an independent ‘works cited page,’ to name a few. It is mainly used in humanities.
- APA format: The American Psychological Association developed this style guide. It is ideal for social sciences. It varies from the MLA style in that it requires an independent title page. Essays employing this formatting should be double-spaced, have block paragraphs, a ‘reference’ page, 12 inch Times New Roman or Arial font, and so on.
Useful Tips for Writing Analytical Essays
Below are tips for the writing analytical essay from our expert writers:
- Plan your work: Carefully plan out your work before starting on it. Note what you want to write in the introduction, body, and conclusion. This information will help you understand where you intend to go. In turn, you will be able to progress logically.
- Use the present tense: To churn out an excellent analytical essay, use the present tense. Discuss the book, idea, or film in the present tense.
- Employ an objective tone: Do not use the first person in your essay. Instead of writing, “I find Gandalf to be…” write “It appears Gandalf is…”
- Do not use informal languages such as colloquialism and slang
- Do not use short forms such as etc., e.g., and so on.
- Come up with a unique title. Do not use the text’s title.
- Remember to analyze the story: Many students fail when it comes to analytical essays because they retell the story. You should instead examine it by providing explanations. Your essay should inform the reader to help them understand the subject.
You can order an analytical essay from us!