Once being assigned to write an essay, students start browsing for some academic writing guide. If it’s your case, and instead of finding a guided essay writing tips, you find something like Naplan writing marking guide or cursive writing guide, this time you are at the right place. Our professional writers have prepared a detailed information in the form of a guide - writing an essay will become much more easier if you read the tips below. So, the guided writing tips from our experts include:
1. Choose a topic or get an idea about the one you have been provided: Get an idea about the topic you have and what points to include. The topic can either be a general overview or a specific one. If it's specific, ensure that the analysis is precise and only about that specific point, for a general overview topic like `FOOD`, you can subdivide into certain subtopics. The subtopics to include can be `vegetables` or fruits`.
2. Organize your ideas: Organize on how you will write your ideas in the essay, however, the structure on how you will organize the ideas or point can change according to the flow of the essay. You can choose to put it down in a diagram to get a clear overview on how your points will be detailed.
3. Create a thesis statement: After getting an idea or point to put forth in your essay, you can now write a thesis statement. The thesis statement informs the reader what the essay is all about and what you as a writer have provided in the essay. Your thesis point will be in two main parts, that is the topic and the point of the essay. On the point of the essay part of the thesis, the ideas or points to include depends on the size of the essay, however, the points should be in summary form and they should, therefore, be few. Once you are comfortable with your thesis and you have all the points to include in the essay, you can move to the next step.
4. Write the body: In this part, you will describe, explain and dispute your topic in a detailed manner. Each idea will be now in paragraphs, which translate to four or five paragraphs if you had four or five ideas. Start by summarizing each idea in sentence form, then write the supporting ideas and clearly elaborate them. Then after explaining each of the main ideas, move on to the next step.
5. Always ensure you have a good introduction and conclusion. On the introductory part, always ensure it grabs the attention of the reader. That can be done by writing the points that will make the reader seek more information in your essay and continue with another two more inviting sentences.
6. Add the final touches: that includes ensuring that the essay is in the correct format as well as the formatting is properly followed. Also read out your essay to ensure that the grammar is good.
The above essay writing tips will be quite beneficial for you to have a clear and an excellent essay. The above tips can be as well used as an academic writing guide. That is because in the course work the same tips are helpful.