How to write a speech for wedding
Birth, first word, kindergarten, school, summer camp, college, university, graduation, job, marriage, kids’ birth, kids’ first words...LIFE! So many stages people go through throughout their whole life! We’ll find none but a few people who disagree that marriage is one of the most important stages in person’s life. And wedding day is the beginning of this stage, it’s the beginning of something new. It’s wrong to say that wedding is the best day in the life. It’s rather the most fabulous day and probably ONE of the best days!
A wedding is all about the newly married couple. The closest people are always with the newlyweds on that day. As a rule, family and friends wish all the best to the new family. Sometimes people do not know how to write a wedding speech, they find it really difficult to say even a few heartfelt words in front of other people. If you are one of those people, welcome! This article is for you!
How to write a great wedding speech
Invited to the wedding? Be sure, you’ll be asked to give a speech. Of course, it’s better to write it ahead. Pre written wedding speeches may really come in handy. But in case you want to be creative and original in speech giving take your time, do your best, and write a breathtaking speech on your own. But how to make a speech breathtaking? Take into consideration these following 5 items while getting prepared and you will succeed.
- Be personal (try to avoid general phrases)
- Add a little humor
- Give thanks
- Make your speech opener and closer really strong
- Stick to the ideal wedding speech length (remember that it’s always better to be brief)
Wonder how to write a funny wedding speech? It’s easy to write an amusing speech if to avoid bad language that can cause offence to somebody, if to avoid rude jokes, and not to be too long.
A wedding-speech process consists of 3 main stages:
Stage 1. Speech writing
Stage 2. Getting ready for giving your speech
Stage 3. Speech giving
In this article, we will talk about stage #1 - speech writing. If you’re ready, let’s start!
There are 4 people at every wedding, who will be absolutely asked to give a wedding speech. Sure, you know who we are talking about: the groom, his best man, bridesmaid, and bride’s father. Let’s talk in detail about each of them.
How to write a good bridesmaid speech
Writing maid of honor speech for sister takes so much time! And it’s no wonder. When the bride is your sister you have so many things to tell about and so many things to wish!
The only rule to stick to when writing a bridesmaid speech is to be heartfelt. But there are also 5 more things you’d better include in your speech.
- #1 Open with ‘thank you’ words to everyone who made the day possible
- #2 Introduce yourself to the quests
- #3 Tell a couple of stories from bride’s past
- #4 Tell the quests how and when you met the groom
- #5 Time for toast to the new family
Writing a groom’s wedding speech
The speech that is the most important on the wedding day is a groom’s one! That’s why the task of writing a wedding speech bride will melt with is not as easy as it first seems.
If you are a groom, we have top 9 tips that will make it possible for you
- Focus on your wife - the person #1 on that day. Remember, wedding is all about love. So speak about love, express love, and give love to your wife.
- Call her ‘my wife’. Do it as many times as possible while giving your speech.
- Say thanks to everybody from both of you as a couple. You are an integral whole since today!
- Say special thanks to your in-laws for allowing you to marry their daughter.
- It’s high time to compliment your wife in front of a great number of your friends. Tell how beautiful she is, how special for you and how beloved by you she is.
- Make eye contact with your wife.
- Avoid offensive language, but mix serious and heartfelt speech.
- Thank your parents.
- Toast to your wife.
How to write a best man speech
If you are interested in writing a speech for your friend this block is for you. First of all, you should remember that it’s an honor to be a best man at your friend’s wedding. It means that your friend respects and trusts you. It means that you are the person who knows everything about the groom. Thus, try to do your best to pen a speech that will show your respect to him and to wish a new family something special.
So, how to write a good best man speech? Follow these easy 8 steps while preparing your speech.
- Invest time and get ready
- Let your speech be all about newly weds
- Make a strong beginning
- Be yourself
- Tell an interesting story
- Tell just a couple of jokes
- Bear in mind: short is fantastic!
- End with a toast to the new couple
If you wonder how to compose a speech for your dad ask our best man speech writing service for help and we will happily assist you.
How to write a father of the bride wedding speech
If you are a bride’s father you’ll definitely give a speech on the wedding day. The key to giving a successful speech is to stay loving, supportive, and confident. We also offer you a structure to adhere to make the process of speech giving both stressless and winning.
- Welcome everybody and thank for coming
- Tell about bride’s early years and some bright moments from her life
- Tell the story of your first meeting with the groom
- Say marriage words of wisdom
- Say a wedding toast
If you’re still looking for the answer to “how to write a best man speech for my brother” or “how to write a wedding speech for my sister” as well as “how to write a speech for wedding examples” or “how to write a speech for wedding template” we are always ready to help you. Contact us anytime or place an order.