If your task is to produce a description essay, you are no more a writer; you turn into a mighty painter. The pen becomes your magic paintbrush with which you paint images of the described subject in the minds of the reader.
In your description essay, you may depict some place, event, and person, anything that is significant to you and will be interesting to the readers. After reading your essay the reader should have a vivid and clear picture of the portrayed object.
Need an idea to write a description essay? Here is a list of 50 descriptive essay topic
Writers use one of the two methods of description:
1. They turn for an objective description to describe physical objects, technical things or present reporting. It is a direct, real to life description of something. The author is inclined to provide the reader with the facts. Objective description lacks emotions and feelings. It does not give the reader an idea of writer’s attitude to the object (just like in an informative essay).
2. Subjective (impressionistic) is quite the opposite. The reader will see the picture with your eyes and you are to evoke strong feelings in his mind. Unlike objective description, it employs all the senses to convey the desirable meaning and achieve the necessary effect. You will share your view on the presented subject (much like in a personal essay). This type of description tends to be very sensual, emotional and thoughtful.
Read more: How to Write a Descriptive Essay
A descriptive essay must be:
How do you achieve it?
- Focus on your feelings
- Vary lexical and syntactical means
- Follow chronological order of your description
- Describe your 5 senses: sight, smell, hearing, taste, and touch
- Share your associations with the described senses
- Choose examples with care
If you have a descriptive essay to write and don't still don't know how to do it, OzEssay.com.au is ready to provide academic assistance to meet your goals. Since 2008 we have successfully completed hundreds of description essays and our customers come back to use for me. Please feel free to use the order page or email your instructions at email@example.com for review.